Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A Question of Motive

Who are you to say where I’ve been and what I’ve done wrong?
Why do you avoid my eyes, passing in the hall?
I heard you whisper when I passed, to your neighbor
There she goes, I know she’ll fall

Where I’ve been, have you seen,
 Are you familiar with streets so mean?
Have you seen an addict in your room
Or touched a man whose future is gone?

Who are you to say,  I don’t deserve
A hand reached out to
A heart of love
Who are you to say where I’m going
When His word is a promise to all
Who are you to say who will fall?

My life is open, no secrets anymore,
I know who saved me, pulled me from that door
Of death
Nothing of me, empty inside
When God reached out, sin died

So, who are you to say, I don’t deserve
A hand stretched out on a cross of love
Who are you to say, where I’m going
 When His word is a promise to all
Who are you to say who will fall?

copyright 2009  Paige Morrison

No comments: