Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

I grew up in a small town in North Carolina. Every day we would check the school lunch menu by looking in our small town newspaper. I always loved seeing the words "Snickerdoodle Cookies". But when I moved to Georgia I found out that the Snickerdoodle Cookies of my childhood is not the same one that they called Snickerdoodle Cookies in my home town. The Georgia version was a soft sugar cookie with cinnamon sugar sprinkled on top. The ones that I grew up calling Snickerdoodle Cookie is a chocolate peanut butter oatmeal no bake cookie. In Georgia this is what they call it...Choco Peanut Butter Oatmeal No Bake Cookie. I liked my name for it but as they say.....when in Rome..... so here is my favorite Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookie recipe.


Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal No Bake Cookies (what a terribly long name for such a little cookie)

1     Stick Butter
2     Cups Sugar 
1/3  Cup Cocoa Powder
1/2  Cup of Milk
1 tsp  Vanilla extract
1/2   Cup Peanut Butter (I use creamy but you can use crunchy)
3     Cups Quick Oats

Boil first 4 ingredients for 1 minute
Take off burner and add the last 3 ingredients (do not cook)
Mix well and then drop rounded spoonfuls onto parchment or wax paper
Let set for at least 15-30 minutes


These are my youngest daughter's favorite cookies. We eat the entire batch within 3 hours. Bad Mommy.

No comments: