Saturday, July 2, 2011

Apple Blackberry Pie

I am going to post Part 5 of the Courtship series in the next few days. I have it half written but it was wearing me out so I baked. It was delicious. Past tense noted I hope. Here it is for posterity....


Apple Blackberry Pie


8-10 Apples. Peeled, cored and sliced (I guess you could use specific kinds but being ignorant of things like that I use what is in the basket.)
1/2 Cup white sugar (or raw organic)
1/2 Cup brown sugar
2 or 3 teaspoons of vanilla
1/4 tsp cinnamon ( I am not a big cinnamon fan outside of cinnamon rolls)
1/4 tsp fresh grated nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt (or less if you want)
1/4 of a fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup of heavy cream
2 deep dish pie crust
1/2 cup of fresh or frozen blackberries


I put the apple slices, blackberries sugars, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and lemon in a bowl and stir together
Then dump it into a pie crust, pour the cream on top, if it looks like too much don't use it all, and cover with other half of pie crust. I cut out little hearts to tell my kids I love them and place the cut out in different places. Then I make x's all over it too. Cute huh? Not Paula Deen here.


Bake in a 350 degree oven for about an hour or until it is bubbling and coming out the holes. Serve with vanilla ice cream, or a slice of cheddar melted on top. Yum

1 comment:

Sunshine23 said...

This was eaten before noon the next day. It was breakfast. Yum.